PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE AND ANY OF OUR SERVICES
- Using CoinCorner
- We are CoinCorner, a crypto-currency exchange. You deposit coins, trade them with other registered members, in exchange for an alternative crypto-currency or for fiat currency at our current live price or a price chosen by you. By using the site you agree to not be naughty and just use it as intended.
- By using any section of the Site or by opening an account with CoinCorner for registered use, you agree to be bound by and comply with:
- these Terms and Conditions;
- the Exchange Rules;
- the Cookies Policy;
- You acknowledge there is a risk of losing money when using exchange services, and you are fully responsible for such loss.
- Other Applicable Terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site and our Services, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- About Us
- The service operated by CoinCorner allows buyers ("Buyers") and sellers ("Sellers"), to buy and sell various crypto-currencies (the “Services”).
- Terms and Conditions Amendments
- Registration, Your Account and Security
- By opening an account to use the Services ("Account"), you expressly represent and warrant that you:
- are at least 18 years of age;
- are a resident in an area that permits the use and exchange of crypto-currency;
- are not using the Site or Services on behalf of any third party.
- are the sole controller of any bitcoin wallet from which you transfer bitcoin to you CoinCorner account
- you will not transfer bitcoin from your CoinCorner account to any wallet controlled by an individual or entity on the Office of Foreign Assets Control’s ‘Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List’ as detailed at: http://www.treasury.gov/ofac/downloads/t11sdn.pdf
- To open an account to use our Services, you will be required to complete an account Registration form (“Registration Form”) which will include providing a username, password and identity information. You must complete the Registration Form in full and provide accurate details and information. Any false information provided by you, may result in your use or access of the Site being terminated. Regardless of whether your application to open an account is accepted or not, Isle of Man regulation means we are obliged to retain the information provided during the registration process for a minimum of 5 years. If you require further information on this point, please ask us before you commence the account opening process.
- Following successful completion of the Registration Form you will be able to use our site up to a maximum fiat deposit and withdrawal limited of EUR 135 / GBP 100
- Following submission of documentation during the Account Verification process referred to above, we may need to verify the documentation submitted to us, including your age and address, and to do so, we may forward copies of the documentation and information including your name, address and date of birth to a third party to electronically verify these details.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. By registering to use our Site and Services, you agree not to disclose your password, account information, or any information regarding your account to any third party.
- You should ensure your password and account details are kept private, as you are responsible for all transactions on your account, where the correct security information has been provided. If another person accesses your account, you are solely responsible for all their actions, whether or not their access was authorised by you and you hereby indemnify us and hold us harmless against all costs, claims, expenses and damages arising in connection with the use or access to your account by any third party.
- If you lose or forget your username and password, or if you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user username or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
- Restricted Territories
- We have restrictions in regards to opening accounts and for the use of our Services from residents in certain jurisdictions. If you are resident in any of the following countries, you will not be able to use our Services:
Antigua and Barbuda,
Bosnia and Herzegovina,
British Indian Ocean Territory,
Central African Republic,
Cocos (Keeling) Islands,
Congo, the Democratic Republic of the,
Falkland Islands (Malvinas),
French Southern Territories,
Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands,
Holy See (Vatican City State),
Iran, Islamic Republic of,
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of,
Korea, Republic of,
Lao People's Democratic Republic,
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya,
Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of,
Micronesia, Federated States of,
Moldova, Republic of,
Northern Mariana Islands,
Palestinian Territory, Occupied,
Papua New Guinea,
Saint Kitts and Nevis,
Saint Pierre and Miquelon,
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,
Sao Tome and Principe,
Serbia and Montenegro,
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands,
Svalbard and Jan Mayen,
Syrian Arab Republic,
Taiwan, Province of China,
Tanzania, United Republic of,
Trinidad and Tobago,
Turks and Caicos Islands,
United Arab Emirates,
United States Minor Outlying Islands,
Virgin Islands, British,
Virgin Islands, U.s.,
Wallis and Futuna,
- We reserve the right to request proof of residence from you if information identified by us, or provided by you suggests you are in or from a restricted territory. It is your responsibility to comply with your own local, national or state laws that relate to the buying, selling and use of crypto-currencies prior to registering with us.
- We reserve the right to suspend or freeze an account or suspend the use of services by you, whilst you are located in any jurisdiction where crypto-currency is not permitted.
- The availability of our website does not constitute an offer, solicitation or invitation by us for the use of our Services in any jurisdiction where such activities are prohibited. Under no circumstances will be liable for any breach of state or country law that may occur as a result of your use of the Site or Services.
- CoinCorner Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner, or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site and in the material published on it. These intellectual property rights include, without limitation, copyright, trade marks, the underlying software, the design, graphics, layout, look and feel and structure of our Website, database rights, design rights, domain names and rights to goodwill and/or to sue for passing off. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. As such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for Your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content on our Site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site, must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content of our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- The trade marks, used on this Site ("Trademarks") are the property of CoinCorner and its licensors. The Trademarks should not be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, scraped, collected or distributed in any form or by any means, whether manual or automated. The use of the TradeMarks without our express consent in writing is strictly prohibited.
- Your account
- The Site and Services are provided for your general personal non-commercial use. By registering for a user account with CoinCorner, you agree to provide CoinCorner with accurate and up to date information about you as requested during Account Registration, and to ensure such information is updated. You further agree that you will not use any Account other than your own, or access the Account of any other member at any time, or assist others in obtaining unauthorised access.
- The creation or use of Accounts without obtaining the prior express permission from CoinCorner will result in the immediate suspension of all Accounts identified by us as being misused by you or any third party, as well as all the immediate suspension of pending purchase/sale offers. Any attempt to breach this clause 8, or to assist others (Members or otherwise), or the distribution of instructions, software or tools for that purpose, will result in the Accounts of such Members being terminated. Termination is not the exclusive remedy for such a violation, and CoinCorner may elect to take further action against you.
- You also are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account information, including your password, safeguarding your own crypto-currency, and for all activity including transactions that are posted to your Account. If there is suspicious activity related to your Account, we may, request additional information from you, including authenticating documents, and to freeze any transactions pending our review. You are obligated to comply with these security requests, or accept termination of your Account. You are required to notify CoinCorner immediately of any unauthorised use of your Account or password, or any other breach of security by email addressed to [email protected] Any Member who violates these rules may be terminated, and thereafter held liable for losses incurred by CoinCorner or any user of the Site.
- You agree that you will not use the Service to perform criminal activity of any sort, including but not limited to, money laundering, illegal gambling operations, terrorist financing, or malicious hacking.
- Uploading Content
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the Site.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
- Depositing, Withdrawing and Refunding of Funds
- Please refer to our Fees section confirming the pricing for deposits, withdrawals and refunds.
- Your account should not be used as a banking facility and deposits should only be made with a view to using our exchange Services. Should you make repeated deposits and withdrawals without using the exchange services, we reserve the right to pass on to your accounts, without any prior notice, any bank charges we have incurred before closing the user account.
- If you, for whatever reason, appear to be depositing or withdrawing money or crypto-currencies without using our Services, you will be liable to have your user Account suspended and the circumstances will be investigated. This may result in a report from us to the necessary authorities as provided for in our AML Policy or the account being closed.
- We, reserve the right, in our absolute discretion and without giving a reason, to refuse to accept any type(s) of payment presented to us, irrespective of whether we have previously accepted such payment type from you or would usually accept that payment type from any customer.
- Withdrawals to Credit Cards and Debit Cards are not permitted. Refunds to Credit Cards and Debit Cards may only be made to the same card the funds were deposited with, and to an amount no greater than the transaction's original deposit amount. We may deduct an administration fee from the amount refunded. Please see the Fees section for pricing.
- Using our exchange service
- To enter into a transaction with another customer or customers, you must first make an offer in respect of an event or market listed in our exchange, stating the terms on which you wish to transact, eg. the type of crypto-currency for sale or to be purchased, the minimum price you are willing to accept.
- In consideration of our acting as a facilitator for your transaction with one another on our exchange service, we charge a commission. Please refer to our Fees of the Site for more information regarding calculation of commission. We reserve the right to amend our commission policy from time to time.
- You will only be permitted to make offers using funds up to the amount of the current available balance in your user account/wallet.
- When you make an offer on our exchange, we will act as stakeholder and as your agent in respect of the funds constituting the offer.
- We will attempt to find opposing offers, made by other customers of CoinCorner, that have already been entered into the Exchange ie. those which express an opposing view at equivalent terms or better which have not been matched.
- Once we have identified such opposing unmatched offer, we will automatically match your offer and the other customer(s) offers and you will have entered into a contract with that customer(s) on the terms stated in their opposing offer. This is a binding agreement from which is will not be possible for you to choose to exit and you will not be able to amend the terms at any time.
- You may only make an offer on events for which there is a market open on our exchange.
- When you make an offer on the exchange, you grant CoinCorner an irrevocable authority:
- to accept, on your behalf, any other customer(s) previously recorded corresponding and opposing offer and thus to create a matched offer or contract between you and another customer or customer(s); or
- failing the above, to display the terms of your offer for acceptance by other customers until the offer is accepted by other customer(s) or until the offer expires.
- CoinCorner bears no responsibility for monitoring or managing the status of your offers. Offers may not get matched, may get partially matched or get fully matched. You are responsible for monitoring how much, if any, of each of your offer is matched.
- Cancelling an offer on the exchange
- We will use reasonable endeavors to meet cancellation requests.
- No cancellation of an offer will be effective until the original offer is removed from the exchange and no longer displayed on the exchange.
- As an offer is available to other customers until cancelled, there is a possibility that an offer may be accepted or matched before the cancellation request can be completed. We bear no responsibility for delays which may arise between the time a cancellation order is initiated and the time it is actually cancelled.
- We reserve the right to close our exchange at any time, in order to preserve orderly markets or for any other reasons identified by us.
- We reserve the right to:
- prevent your offer being entered onto the exchange,
- cancel any outstanding offers; or
- void any outstanding or settled contracts between customers at our absolute discretion and with no obligation to provide any reasons for doing so.
- Without restricting our ability to rely on any other remedies that may be available to us, we may cancel any of your unmatched offers using the exchange, at our absolute discretion if:
- we suspect you are acting other than on your own behalf, or are acting in concert with others or engaging in illegal or fraudulent activity while using our services;
- we suspect you are acting in any manner that is detrimental to the conduct of our business or may bring our business into disrepute;
- we suspect that it is illegal for you to use our Services;
- we are unable to verify your address, or telephone number;
- we are required to do so by law.
- Cancelled offers will have the relevant sums returned.
- Your account Termination
- We reserve the right to close your account at any time.
- You may terminate this agreement with CoinCorner, and close your Account at any time, following settlement of any pending transactions. You should indicate your desire to close you account in writing, via email, or letter using our Contact section of the website.
- If you do not use your account to carry out any transactions on our Site for a period of 12 consecutive months, such account shall be deemed to be inactive ("Inactive Account").
- Any Inactive Account will be charged an administration fee (the “Inactive Account Fee”) in an amount of GBP5.00 (or the crypto-currency equivalent) of the account on the date the account becomes an Inactive Account.
- We reserve the right to close any Inactive Account whose balance has been reduced to zero for a consecutive period of 6 months.
- You agree that CoinCorner may, by giving notice, in its sole discretion terminate your access to the Site and to Your Account, including without limitation, our right to: limit, suspend or terminate the service and members accounts, prohibit access to the Site and its content, services and tools, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep Members off the Site if we think that they are creating problems or possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms.
- The suspension of an Account shall not affect the payment of the commissions due for past Transactions. Upon termination, Members shall communicate a valid bank account to allow for the transfer of any currencies credited to their account. Transfers will only be permitted to a bank account held in the name of the Member.
- In addition, the fiat value of any crypto-currency held in a members account, may be transferred to a valid bank account only after conversion into a fiat currency. CoinCorner shall use reasonable efforts to transfer any remaining funds as soon as possible following the Member's request.
- CoinCorner will send to you the credit balance of your account, however in circumstances a number of intermediaries may be involved in an international payment and these or the beneficiary bank may deduct charges. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that such charges are disclosed to you prior to sending your payment, however where they cannot be avoided, you acknowledge that these charges cannot always be calculated in advance, and that you agree to be responsible for all such charges.
- Consequences of Termination:
- Subject to this clause 14, you agree that we shall not be liable to you for any termination of your account or use of the Site.
- Your sole remedy in the event of termination of your account, shall be the re-imbursement of any undisputed account balance you may have and we shall have no further liability to you whatsoever. Should you have any open transactions, which have not been matched, and which are subsequently matched, the corresponding sums may be sent to you when the transaction is completed.
- Upon termination of your account, you agree to acknowledge that your rights to use the Site shall immediately terminate and you will remove any software provided to you in connection with your use of our Site.
- Access to and use of the Site
- Access to our Site is available free of charge. All services are provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. We do not guarantee that our Site or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We will use reasonable endeavors to provide you with the Services as soon as possible but there are no guarantees that access will not be interrupted, or that there will be no delays, failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information.
- We make no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the service that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials or as to the accuracy of any information obtained by you through the Site.
- You are solely responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
- You shall use the Site for your own personal and non-commercial use only and shall not be allowed to provide access to or reproduce the Site or any part of it in any form whatsoever without our express consent in writing.
- Changes to our Site
- We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- No Reliance on Information
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- Linking from and to our Site
- Where our Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them or their use of any information they may acquire about you (including personal data). You are requested to review the policies posted by other websites regarding privacy and other terms and conditions before use.
- A link from our Site does not constitute an endorsement by us of the use of that link, the company or organisation behind that link or the contents of the website reached using that link. CoinCorner is not responsible for third party content accessible through the Site, including opinions, advice, statements, prices, activities and advertisements and you shall bear the all risks associated with the use of such content.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you wish to make use of content on our Site other than as set out above, please contact us
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit an offence under the Computer Security Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
- Law and Order
- The Services we provide are currently unregulated within the Isle of Man.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, the Site and use of or reliance on any content displayed on the site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for loss of, inter alia, profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site or Services for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Subject to the foregoing, CoinCorner's aggregate liability in respect of claims based on events arising out of or in connection with any single Member's use of the Site and/or Service, whether in contract or tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the greater of either (a) the total amount held on Account for the Member making a claim, less any amount of Commission that may be due and payable in respect of such Account; or (b) 100% of the amount of the Transaction(s) that are the subject of the claim less any amount of Commission that may be due and payable in respect of such Transaction(s).
- You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Contact Us