PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS THEY GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. AS WITH ANY ASSET, THE VALUE OF DIGITAL CURRENCIES CAN GO UP OR DOWN AND THERE CAN BE A SUBSTANTIAL RISK THAT YOU WILL LOSE MONEY BUYING, SELLING, HOLDING, OR INVESTING IN DIGITAL CURRENCIES. BY USING THE SERVICES YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (1) YOU ARE AWARE OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TRANSACTING IN DIGITAL CURRENCIES (2) THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND TRADING IN DIGITAL CURRENCIES AND (3) COINCORNER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH RISKS OR ADVERSE OUTCOMES.
BY ACCESSING, USING OR ATTEMPTING TO USE THE SERVICES IN ANY CAPACITY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES.
You can update your personal information at any time at Settings. To update any personal information which is not editable please contact us.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
- Digital Currency Services. These services operated by CoinCorner allow users to buy, sell, send, receive and to store Digital Currency. CoinCorner also provides Exchange services through which users can transact with GBP, EUR and USDT to buy and sell Digital Currency with CoinCorner.
- Merchant Service. This service operated by CoinCorner enables you to accept Bitcoins as payment for goods or services, and process Bitcoin payments that you receive from your customers or to registered charitable organizations that accept donations. We instantly convert the Bitcoin to GBP on your behalf. By using the service, you authorise us to receive and process Bitcoins on your behalf.
- By registering to use a CoinCorner Account (as defined below), you represent and warrant that (a) you are at least 18 years old or of legal age to form a binding contract under applicable law, (b) you are an individual, legal person or other organization with full legal capacity and authority to enter into these Terms, (c) you have not previously been suspended or removed from using our Services, (d) you do not currently have an existing CoinCorner Account and (e) you are resident in in an accessible country. The full list of accessible countries can be found at Countries. Any countries that are not found in the full list of accessible countries are Restricted Territories.
- If you are entering into these Terms on behalf of a legal entity of which you are an employee or agent, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and authority to bind such legal entity.
- Citizens and resident aliens of the United States of America and other such unsupported countries may not be eligible to register to use CoinCorner whilst resident in the unsupported country and or if they are temporarily or permanently resident in an accessible country. Notwithstanding if their income is not subject to the tax of an unsupported country.
By opening an account to use the Services that you expressly represent and warrant that you:
- Are a resident in an area that permits the use and exchange of Digital Currency;
- Are not using the Site or Services on behalf of any third party;
- Will not transfer Bitcoin to or from your CoinCorner account to or from any wallet controlled by an individual or entity on the Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation, HM Treasury, ‘consolidated list of financial targets in the UK’
- CoinCorner may, in its sole discretion, refuse to open an account for you. You agree to provide complete and accurate information when opening an Account and agree to promptly update any information you provide to CoinCorner so that such information is always complete and accurate. Each registration is for a single user only and each User (including with respect to any User that is a business or legal entity) may only maintain one active Account with CoinCorner.
- CoinCorner reserve the right to, in our sole discretion, decline any application. Any false information provided by you may result in your use or access of the Site being terminated.
- Regardless of whether your application to open an account is accepted or declined, pursuant to paragraph 33 of the Isle of Man Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorist Code 2015, CoinCorner are obliged to retain the information provided during the Registration process for a minimum of five (5) years after your relationship with us is formally ended. If you require further information on this point, please contact us before you commence the account opening process.
- In all instances you will be immediately required to complete our Account Verification process.
- The identity verification information we request may include, but is not limited to: Government Issued ID, Proof of Current Residential Address, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association, Financial Statements and Source of Wealth Evidence.
- In the event that for whatever reason we are unable to verify your account following a request to provide standard or enhanced account verification information, your deposit or current account balance if the current balance is valued at less than your deposit, will be returned. The funds will be returned in the currency that they were received in and to the account from which they were sent from.
- Any false information provided by you will result in your use or access to the Site being terminated. CoinCorner reserve the right to in our sole discretion, decline any application without providing a reason.
- BY SIGNING UP FOR A COINCORNER ACCOUNT YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE COINCORNER TO MAKE INQUIRIES, WHETHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD PARTIES, THAT COINCORNER CONSIDERS NECESSARY TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY OR PROTECT YOU AND/OR COINCORNER AGAINST FRAUD OR OTHER FINANCIAL CRIMES, AND TO TAKE ACTION COINCORNER REASONABLY DEEMS NECESSARY BASED ON THE RESULTS OF SUCH INQUIRIES. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO CREDIT REFERENCE (SOFT INQUIRIES WHICH WON’T AFFECT YOUR CREDIT SCORE) AND FRAUD PREVENTION OR FINANCIAL CRIME AGENCIES AND THAT THESE AGENCIES MAY RESPOND TO OUR INQUIRIES IN FULL.
Account Usage Requirements
- Accounts can only be used by the person whose name they are registered under. CoinCorner reserves the right to suspend, freeze or cancel accounts that are used by persons other than the persons whose names they are registered under. You shall immediately notify CoinCorner if you suspect or become aware of unauthorized use of your user name and password. CoinCorner will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any use of your Account by you or by any third party (whether or not authorized by you).
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. By registering to use our Site and Services, you agree not to disclose your password, account information, or any information regarding your account to any third party.
- You should ensure your password and account details are kept private, you are responsible for all transactions on your account where the correct security information has been provided.
- If another person accesses your account, you are solely responsible for all their actions, whether or not their access was authorised by you and you hereby indemnify us and hold us harmless against all costs, claims, expenses and damages arising in connection with the use or access to your account by or with any third party.
- We assume no responsibility for any loss that you may sustain due to a breach of your account login credentials due to no fault of CoinCorner and/ or failure to follow or act on any notices or alerts that we may send to you.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user username or password, you must promptly notify us by visiting our contact us page.
Guidelines for Usage of the Digital Currency Services
Digital Currency Services
The Hosted Digital Currency Wallet permits users to buy, sell, send, receive and to store supported Bitcoin. CoinCorner reserves the right to refuse and to cancel any pending Bitcoin Transaction pursuant to, but not limited to;
- Legal obligations, binding court, regulatory or governmental orders and;
- The application of transaction limits;
- Activity that we in out sole discretion deem to be suspicious and our internal policies.
- Bitcoin can be allocated to sub-accounts within an individual CoinCorner account. Any funds held in a sub-account are unavailable for sale or withdrawal and cannot be transacted until transferred back to the main account. You are solely responsible for the transfer of funds between your main account and any sub-accounts that you set up. Recurring deposits into savings accounts will be allocated at 10am GMT/BST.
- Buys and sells of Bitcoin can be placed as market orders, and in some cases, limit orders. A market order is an order to buy or sell immediately at the current Exchange Rate, a limit order is an order to buy or sell at a specific Exchange Rate. Limit orders are not guaranteed.
- Lightning Network transactions can be completed using the CoinCorner web platform, app, and “The Bolt Card” (an NFC enabled physical card) Completion of transactions on the Lightning Network are subject to channel and liquidity availability.
- CoinCorner expressly retains absolutely no control, responsibility or liability regarding the legality, safety, delivery and other such guarantee in connection with any third-party payments such as those with other CoinCorner customers and any use or attempt to deal with unsupported Digital Currencies.
- Any conflicts, problems and associated transactional disputes must be directly resolved between the aggrieved parties. In the event of any unlawful, inappropriate, dishonest or malicious behaviour, you should promptly inform us by contacting us so that we may consider the best course of action, if any action at all.
- The Hosted Digital Currency Wallet permits users to buy, sell, send, receive and to store supported Bitcoin. CoinCorner reserves the right to refuse and to cancel any pending Bitcoin Transaction pursuant to, but not limited to;
Service for Ethereum and LiteCoin
In addition to our services relating to Bitcoin where users are able to buy, sell, send, receive Bitcoin, CoinCorner also offers users the option to buy and sell the following Digital Currencies (‘Alternative Digital Currencies’):
- Ether (“ETH”)
- Litecoin (“LTC”)
- Buys and sells of Ethereum and Litecoin can only be placed as market orders. A market order is an order to buy or sell at the current Exchange Rate.
- Registered users are able to use their GBP and EUR balances held with CoinCorner to buy and sell these Alternative Digital Currencies.
- The decision to buy or sell these Alternative Digital Currencies is entirely a decision for you. CoinCorner does not provide any advice in this regard. If you decided to buy or sell any of the Alternative Digital Currencies through CoinCorner, we will hold them on your behalf and each Alternative Digital Currency that you hold will be reflected in your CoinCorner user account.
- You will not be able to spend or transfer any Alternative Digital Currencies that you have bought with CoinCorner and which we hold on your behalf. If you wish to sell any Alternative Digital Currencies you will need to instruct us to sell the Alternative Digital Currencies for EUR or GBP via the CoinCorner platform.
- Our services in relation to Bitcoin will not change and registered users will continue to be able to buy, sell, send and receive Bitcoin held with CoinCorner.
- In addition to our services relating to Bitcoin where users are able to buy, sell, send, receive Bitcoin, CoinCorner also offers users the option to buy and sell the following Digital Currencies (‘Alternative Digital Currencies’):
- CoinCorner processes customer transactions directly pursuant to the instructions received from its users, thus, does not guarantee the identity of any user, recipient, or other party capable of being party to transactions facilitated by CoinCorner. You alone are solely responsible for the correctness and verification of all transactional details prior to submitting any such instruction to CoinCorner.
- Once entered onto a Digital Currency Network, a Digital Currency Transaction remains unconfirmed, awaiting sufficient confirmation of the transaction by the Digital Currency Network. CoinCorner has no control and does not assume any liability or responsibility in connection with the direct and or indirect consequences and consequential losses caused by any such delay on a Digital Currency Network.
- While categorised as pending, a transaction remains incomplete, all funds associated with the pending transaction can be categorised as such and will no longer be credited to your CoinCorner account balance or be accessible for subsequent transactions. Any such pending or complete transactions cannot be altered, reversed or cancelled.
- CoinCorner may charge Withdrawal fees to process a Digital Currency transaction. CoinCorner will calculate the Withdrawal fees at its sole discretion, although we will always notify users of the applicable Withdrawal fee prior to the execution of any transaction.
- When transferring from a CoinCorner account to another CoinCorner account, the transactions occur off the blockchain. For these off-chain transactions, you won't be able to view the Bitcoin transfer on the blockchain. Additionally, the account user name and profile picture will appear in the relevant transaction history pages. (E.g. The sender will see the receivers CoinCorner user name and profile picture and the receiver will see the senders CoinCorner user name and profile picture).
Digital Currency Networks
- CoinCorner will always endeavour to clearly display our supported Digital Currencies. Unless officially announced in a public statement, on our website or communicated to you via email, CoinCorner does not permit or support sidechains, coloured coins, Alt-coins (other than the specified ‘Alternative Digital Currencies’), Meta-coins and any such derivative coins or tokens which interact with Digital Currencies which CoinCorner supports.
- CoinCorner expressly retains absolutely no control, responsibility or liability regarding the legality, safety, delivery and other such guarantee as a consequence of the engagement with any such unsupported Digital Currencies or protocol. If you are unsure of the Digital Currencies that CoinCorner supports, contact us.
- CoinCorner facilitates access to Digital Currency Networks and expressly makes no representations that it controls or owns any element of the fundamental software that governs the operation of the Digital Currencies we support.
In the event of any fundamental alteration to the operating rules of a Digital Currency Network (such as a “Fork”), and as a result of such an alteration, the function, value and/or the name of a supported Digital Currency you have stored with CoinCorner is materially affected, you acknowledge and agree that CoinCorner may endeavour to give you notice and an opportunity to access your funds prior to any such event and;
- Provisionally suspend CoinCorner Services without giving you advanced notice;
- Materially alter and reconfigure CoinCorner systems and Services and;
- Entirely cease to support and permit any such forked protocol.
- CoinCorner retains no liability and expressly assumes no responsibility regarding any unsupported branch or a forked protocol.
Exchange Services and Fees
- The "Exchange Rate" as quoted on the CoinCorner Site is the price in terms of Fiat Currency at which you may buy or sell supported Digital Currency to or from CoinCorner.
- CoinCorner will always endeavour to maintain our Exchange Services, however, do not guarantee the availability of our Exchange Service. The act of purchasing supported Digital Currency from CoinCorner in no way guarantees you the ability to sell your Digital Currency to CoinCorner.
- After successfully completing the Account Verification process, you may buy and/or sell supported Digital Currency with Fiat Currency you have deposited into your CoinCorner account.
- Each Exchange Service transaction is subject to a fee (an "Exchange Fee"). An estimated breakdown of the transaction and Exchange Fee is displayed amongst the transaction details prior to execution of a transaction order.
- CoinCorner will always endeavour to process any transaction as soon as we can, you hereby acknowledge and agree that there may be delays in this Service and understand that CoinCorner reserve the right to cancel any transaction at our sole discretion.
- CoinCorner may endeavour to fulfil all cancelled transactions, we may contact you and seek your consent to initiate the same transaction at the current Exchange Rate.
- CoinCorner will not process a transaction if the amount transacted is less than the limits specified in our Limits Table.
- CoinCorner reserves the right to adjust its Exchange Fees at any time. We will always notify you of the Exchange Fee which applies to your transaction at the time of the transaction.
Reversals and Cancellations
- You are not permitted to cancel, change or reverse any transaction. CoinCorner reserves the right to refuse to process, cancel or reverse, any purchases or sales of Digital Currency if we in our sole discretion suspect the transaction involves or could be involved in criminal activity, is a violation of our prohibited activities policy/Internal policies or in response to binding legal, governmental or regulatory orders.
- On the occasion CoinCorner cancels a transaction, CoinCorner is not required to reprocess your transaction on the same terms as the cancelled transaction.
Payment Services Partners
Deposits, Withdrawals and Refunds
- You are not permitted to fund your Fiat Currency Wallet and or withdraw from third party credit/debit cards, bank or Neteller accounts.
- Fees may apply to deposits and withdrawals from your Currency Wallet. All fees will be detailed prior to any transaction where possible and are available to view at our Fees Table.
- Deposits via Bank Transfer or SEPA (international Bank Transfer) may be subject to the standard associated external delays, typically one (1) to five (5) working days. CoinCorner will typically credit your Fiat Currency Wallet within twenty-four (24) hours of our receipt of the payment.
- Withdrawals to bank accounts must not exceed the limits specified in our Limits Table. CoinCorner will immediately debit your CoinCorner account when you authorise a bank withdrawal. Once processed, funds will typically settle to you within five (5) working days.
- CoinCorner is under no obligation to provide refunds for any deposited or transacted funds. On the occasion CoinCorner does issue a refund, the transaction is typically received within five (5) working days, however may be subject to external delays. CoinCorner reserves the right to charge the associated credit/debit refund fee as specified on our Fees Table.
- Digital Currency Services
By making a qualifying bank deposit, you authorise us to purchase Bitcoin for you at the Exchange Rate available on your account at the time the bank deposit is received. A qualifying bank deposit must:
- Originate from a bank account held in your name
- Contain your unique Auto Buy reference
- Not exceed the Auto Buy limit
- Be received in a currency detailed here
- Auto Buy transactions are subject to limits and fees that are displayed on our Limits & Fees Table.
- Any amount received less than the minimum Auto Buy limit may be processed at our discretion after deduction of applicable fees. Should the amount not exceed our fees then your deposit will be lost by our fees.
- If your bank transfer cannot be credited to your account due to any account restrictions, no Auto Buy of Bitcoin will be undertaken, and you will be notified by email.
- It is not possible to cancel or reverse an Auto Buy, other than preventing the transaction leaving your bank account.
- CoinCorner reserves the right to, in our sole discretion, reverse, cancel or prevent an Auto Buy transaction.
- By making a qualifying bank deposit, you authorise us to purchase Bitcoin for you at the Exchange Rate available on your account at the time the bank deposit is received. A qualifying bank deposit must:
- By setting up a Recurring Payment, you authorise CoinCorner to send Bitcoin from your account at the selected interval/s.
- Sufficient funds are required in your account for the execution of the transaction. If the funds available in your account are not sufficient the transaction will not be completed.
- It is not possible to cancel or reverse a Recurring Payment once it has been completed.
- An email notification will be sent to confirm if the Recurring Payment has been completed or was unsuccessful.
- CoinCorner is not liable for not executing a Recurring Payment for any reason.
- Transactions you make are directly with the online retailer. When you make a purchase via a retailer website, it is tracked using cookies and various other technologies which enable the retailer to identify that a purchase has been made. When you visit a retailer site it will show in your account as ‘clicked’. When a purchase is identified, it will show in your account as ‘pending’ and when the retailer agrees the payment it will update to ‘approved. At this stage the commission value will be displayed in fiat. Finally, when payment is received and cleared we will convert it to Bitcoin and credit to your account and it will show as ‘credited’.
- For Canadian residents the commission value earned will be held as a unsecured obligation by us to you (a ‘Credit’) displayed as GBP until the credit value exceeds GBP 10.00, at which point the credit will be converted to Bitcoin and sent out immediately to your designated wallet.
Transactions must fulfill the below criteria in order for cashback to be paid:
- Your purchase is completed from the point of clicking through to the retailer.
- An actual purchase is being made. It is at the retailer’s discretion to determine whether a transaction qualifies for cashback.
- Clicking through to the retailer via the main ‘Shop’ button on our site.
- Notification from the retailer or their tracking network that a transaction has been tracked directly back your CoinCorner account.
- Cashback may not be paid if all or part of your order is returned, amended or cancelled.
- You acknowledge and agree that the affiliate network will share the order ID relating to your purchase with us in order for us to track your purchase
- If you confirm to us that a transaction is not displayed in your account as you expected, we will use reasonable endeavours to investigate with the retailer or tracking agency.
- You acknowledge that the retailer or it’s tracking agency’s decision is final in relation to the payment of commission. In the event we do not receive the commission for a transaction for whatever reason, we will not be liable to pay the cashback to you.
- If cashback is paid to you in error, we reserve the right to reclaim or adjust any cashback payments.
- You agree and acknowledge that in all circumstances the payment of cashback to you is at our sole discretion and we may refuse to pay cashback to you for any reason.
CoinCorner Browser Extension: CoinCorner may make available a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge. Your use of the CoinCorner Browser Extension is subject to the following additional terms:
- When you visit an online retailer, the CoinCorner Browser Extension will prompt you to click a button to start your CoinCorner bitcoin reward shopping session. If you start a shopping session using the CoinCorner Browser Extension, a cookie will be placed on your computer for the purpose of tracking your shopping session and calculating your bitcoin reward — in the same way as if you had begun your shopping session via any other CoinCorner link.
- By installing the CoinCorner Browser Extension, the website domain names of the online retailers you have visited will be collected to determine if a bitcoin reward is applicable. Only the website domain names of the online retailers that we partner with and that you activate cashback on, will be stored and linked to your account.
- We reserve the right to add features or functions to the CoinCorner Browser Extension but have no obligation to make available to you any subsequent versions or new features.
GUIDELINES FOR USAGE OF THE MERCHANT SERVICES
- In relation to payments and / or donations in digital currencies, any legal relations are between you and your customer making a payment donation. We are not a party to relations between you as a Merchant and your customers. We do not accept any queries, letters, requests and (or) complaints regarding you, your services, products, activities, and (or) a payment and (or) a donation, or a purchase related to relation between you as Merchant and your customers. The Merchant Service enables you to accept Bitcoin as payment for goods or services or donations, and process Bitcoin payments that you receive from your customer (“Purchaser”).
- You are solely responsible for obtaining any information required from a Purchaser such as age verification, this is your sole responsibility. We will not be responsible for your failure to adequately verify you clients.
- Merchant Services are only available to businesses that sell a product or services or to registered charitable organizations that accept donations.
- By using the Services, you authorize us to act as your agent so we may receive, hold and disburse funds on your behalf and to take any and all actions that we think are necessary to provide the Services and to comply with applicable law.
- Payment by a Purchaser to CoinCorner will be considered the same as payment made directly to you and will extinguish the Purchaser's outstanding obligation, to the extent of the payment.
- We may ask for permission to inspect your business location in connection with your use of the Services, or documentation or evidence to support specific transactions. If you refuse our request, we may suspend or terminate your CoinCorner account.
- You represent and warrant to us that you have the right to provide the Merchant Content to us, and that the use, copying, modification and publication of the Merchant Content by us: (a) will not infringe, violate or misappropriate any third party copyright, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights, (b) will not infringe any rights of publicity or privacy, and (c) will not be defamatory or obscene or otherwise violate any law.
- Unless agreed to the contrary in writing under separate agreement between us and you, we charge a flat 1% transaction fee per each processed transaction, which is charged immediately upon acceptance of payment from a purchaser or donator. Your continued use of the Services after we notify you of any changes in our fees constitutes your acceptance of such change.
Invoices and Settlement
- CoinCorner’s hosted merchant invoice user interface shall be used to view transaction history and to request settlement. You can receive a settlement in GBP, in any supported Digital Currency, or in a mixture of both. You assume volatility risks of the currency in which you choose to settle. For example, if you choose to settle in Bitcoin, then you assume the volatility risk of the Bitcoin value.
Underpayments, Overpayments & Expired Payments
- Underpayments occur when a Purchaser sends less than the full amount required to mark the invoice as fully paid. The funds are applied to your account and marked as ‘Expired partial Payment’. You will then have the option to make a refund.
- Overpayments occur when an invoice receives excess funds. The funds are applied to your account and marked as ‘Complete’. You will then have the option to make a refund.
- Expired payments occur when a payment is not made within the expiry time. These payments will appear in your account as an ‘Expired Partial Payment’.
Refunds & Abandoned Accounts
- You will maintain a clear refund policy and disclose it to your customers / donators ensuring that your policies and procedures comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and with the provisions of this Agreement.
- You can decide to issue a partial refund or refund the full amount of the initial purchase. If you do not have enough funds in your CoinCorner account to cover the refund, CoinCorner may require you to deposit Bitcoins or fiat to CoinCorner to cover the refund to the Purchaser.
- Any required currency conversion during the refund process will be calculated at a spot rate available at that time. Under no circumstances do we guarantee a refund of Bitcoin at the same price at which the Bitcoin were originally exchanged.
- Refunds must be requested within 6 months following the original transaction.
- CoinCorner is not responsible for Merchant refund policies. We suggest Merchants have a clear refund policy for their customers (including, if applicable, “no refunds are allowed as all sales are final”). For certain industries, a refund policy may not be applicable (e.g. where a service is provided). If refunds are permitted, we recommend you refund the amount of the initial purchase in the currency in which the item was priced.
- In the event your CoinCorner account is defined as an Abandoned Account (defined below) an Administration Fee may be payable by you. Once an account is deemed Abandoned, we shall deduct a monthly Administration Fee in the amount set out on our website at https://www.coincorner.com/Fees. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, the term “Abandoned Account” shall mean: If your account has no transactions processed for a minimum of six months.
- Complaints from your customers received by CoinCorner will be forwarded to you for resolution. CoinCorner reserves the right to terminate accounts that receive excessive complaints.
Your Bank Account
- You are solely liable for all fees and costs associated with your bank account. You are also liable to us for any fees that we may incur based on your provision of inaccurate information or instructions. You authorize us to initiate electronic credits to your bank account at any time, as necessary to process your transactions. We will not be liable for any delays in receipt of funds or errors in bank account entries caused by third parties.
- Merchant Service
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CoinCorner are the owners, or the licences of all intellectual property rights in our Site and the material published on it. These intellectual property rights include, without limitation, copyright, trademarks, the underlying software, the design, graphics, layout, look and feel and structure of our Site, database rights, design rights, domain names and rights to goodwill and/or to sue for passing off. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. As such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content on our Site;
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or graphics separately from any accompanying text;
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site, must always be acknowledged;
- You must not use any part of the content of our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors;
- The trademarks used on this Site are the property of CoinCorner and its licensors. The trademarks should not be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, scraped, collected or distributed in any form or by any means, whether manual or automated. The use of any trademarks without our express consent in writing is strictly prohibited you may not copy, imitate or use them without CoinCorners prior written consent.
- CoinCorner reserves the right to assign our rights without restriction or limitation to CoinCorner associates or partners or to any successor. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
- Access to our Site is available free of charge. All services are provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. We make no guarantees, warranties or representations whatsoever that our Site or any content on it will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free. We make no guarantees, warranties or representations whatsoever that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the Service that makes it available are free of viruses and bugs or represent the full functionality of the Site, or as to the accuracy of any information obtained by you through the Site.
- Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We will endeavour to provide you with the Services as soon as possible but there are no guarantees that access will not be interrupted, or that there will be no delays, failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information.
- You are solely responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
- You shall use the Site for your own personal and non-commercial use only and shall not be allowed to provide access to or reproduce the Site or any part of it in any form whatsoever without our express consent in writing.
- As a condition of your use of CoinCorner content, Services and any such activity facilitated by CoinCorner, you agree and represent that you will not engage in any Prohibited Activities.
- We reserve the right to immediately, without notice, freeze funds, block all transactions and to cancel or suspend your account and any such other restrictive action we in our sole discretion deem to be reasonably necessary, if we conclude, in our sole discretion, that your account is associated with any Prohibited Activity.
- The use of CoinCorners deposit service via Neteller and credit/debit card may be subject to minimum and maximum deposit limitations. Minimum, maximum, daily and monthly limits will be clearly stated prior to the execution of any deposit order.
- The use of CoinCorners deposit service via bank transfer is not subject to maximum deposit limits, however, may be subject to minimum deposit limits.
- Your transaction limits may differ depending on, but not limited to your method of payment and your verification status.
- CoinCorner retains the right to adjust any transactional limits as we deem necessary in our sole discretion. If you wish to increase your limits, you may contact us and request an account review.
- CoinCorner may, in our sole discretion reject an application to increase your limits or we may lower your limits notwithstanding your completion of Enhanced Due Diligence.
Suspensions, Deactivations and Cancellations
CoinCorner may suspend, deactivate and/or cancel your CoinCorner account in the event;
- We are required by legislation, court order, binding regulatory or governmental order;
- We in our sole discretion reasonably suspect your CoinCorner account is being used for or to facilitate a Prohibited Activity;
- At our sole discretion.
- In the event your CoinCorner account is defined as a Dormant Account (defined below), and unless prohibited by law or a binding order, a Dormancy Fee may be payable by you. Once an account is deemed Dormant, we shall deduct a monthly Dormancy Fee of £25 (or EUR/crypto equivalent) or 10% of the account balance at the time that it is deemed to be Dormant (whichever is greater). For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, the term “Dormant Account” shall mean: If your account has been closed / deactivated and you have not logged into your Account for a period of at least 12 months.
- You may cancel your CoinCorner account at any time by withdrawing all balances and following the instructions on the Settings Page. Or by contacting us.
- CoinCorner may suspend, deactivate and/or cancel your CoinCorner account in the event;
- In the event your CoinCorner account is defined as an Inactive Account (defined below) an Administration Fee may be payable by you. Once an account is deemed Inactive, we shall deduct a monthly Administration Fee of £10 or EUR/crypto equivalent. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, the term “Inactive Account” shall mean: If you have not logged into your Account for a period of at least 24 months.
- If you have any questions and queries you can contact us via our contact us page.
- In the event you wish to initiate a formal complaint, please consult our Complaints Policy
Limitation and Indemnification of CoinCorner
- COINCORNER EXPRESSLY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE TIME SCALE REQUIRED TO PROCESS ANY SUCH TRANSACTIONS WHICH ARE DEPENDENT UPON EXTERNAL PROCESSORS SUCH AS BANKS AND OTHER SUCH VARIABLES ON A DIGITAL NETWORK THAT ARE OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. COINCORNER EXPRESSLY RETAIN ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH OPERATIONAL DEFECT AND FAILURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO EXTENSIVE DELAYS AND THE COMPLETE FAILURE OF ANY SUCH TRANSACTION WHICH IS A RESULT OF EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR EXACT CONTROL.
Sales, Mergers and Restructurings.
- In the event that CoinCorner is acquired by or initiates a merger with a third party, CoinCorner expressly reserves the right to assign all or parts of the relevant information we have collected from you as part of any such change of control.
- This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Isle of Man.
- Limited Licence
- The Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme do not apply to the digital currency activities carried on by CoinCorner Ltd.
Last updated: 25th August 2022